Saturday, November 15, 2008

Birthday Party.....



This morning, most of the kids went to an outdoor restaurant type of place for a "birthday party". Apparently, they occasionally have a party for whomever's birthday it was for the past month or two. It was pretty chaotic. There were animals around for the kids to look at. Jasmine was infatuated by the Koi and other fish, as well as the geese and birds, but she was very afraid of two dogs that were tied up nearby. I am not sure how she is going to do with my dog, Spirit. She seems to be getting a bit more attached to me, especially when the nannies are not around.... like today. She was leading me around the place showing me the pond, and the fish and flowers. She still refuses to take food from me, but did let me peel a bananna for her. She refused to eat any of the food at the party, but when they brought out the banannas, she ate almost two whole ones.... for such a little tummy, that was alot. All of the other kids ate like crazy. At the orphanage they are fed the same thing three times a day... cold rice, with a couple of little vegetables on top with maybe a little piece of meat or tofu.... so this party was a huge treat for them. I think they did it partially for my benefit and partially since I just paid them my cash "gift", so they had some extra. They call everything around here a "gift", when it is a required fee. It's ok.... I was glad to do it. I will get to pay many more "gifts" in the next couple of days that I am just learning about .
Here are some photos from today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If ANYONE can earn Jasmine's love and trust it will be you. I stil remember with so much awe, our scared feral kitten Gaia climbing off your "exam" table to settle in your lap.
janet