Friday, November 7, 2008

I-600 approval......

FINALLY.... I received it....Yes!!!! I kept waiting and waiting and waiting... and nothing... so finally I emailed the US Embassy in Hanoi for 5 days in a row with no response.... then I called them in the middle of the night... which is daytime for them. They were very nice, but told me it had been emailed on October 2:(( but I never received it. They emailed it and I received it in 2 minutes flat. It is a shame that Jasmine has stayed 6 weeks longer in an orphanage than necessary because of an email. I received a Giving and Receiving ceremony date of November 17:))..... so, I am frantically making flight reservations and trying to make hotel reservations... without knowing which dates exactly that I will be in Hoi An, Danang, and finally Hanoi. I found a man who owns a travel agency who managed to get me a one month Visa in about one hour!!! I am not kidding. Then he FedEx'ed it to me overnight and I have it already. Of course, I was obligated to make the flight reservations with him, but it was well worth it. I am finding that many of the hotels with internet access are already booked up, and I cannot get ahold of my in country Vietnamese representative to give me the exact dates I will be in each city. So, if anyone tries to email me... and I don't get back with you, it is because I had to stay in a hotel without internet. I would also would not be able to write on this blog, which would be a bummer:( My regular email is drstolz@gmail.com if anyone needs to get ahold of me when I am gone.... barring the already mentioned obstacle. Oh yes..... I get to meet my new baby girl on my birthday!!:))

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judy, what great news that things are working for you. It must be hectic to be so rushed but WOW it must also feel great.

We're very happy for you and wish you and your new daughter all the very best.

Jeff & Hermoine

Karen said...

I've been reading your blog and regretting more and more that you aren't in Breakthrough House anymore. You sound so amazing - your beautiful daughter and the journey to making a family. Your practice as a vet - all things I so admire. I don't know why I can't just let this go, but if there is anything I can do to make it easier - I can avoid commenting on your posts, I can and would do that! I'm feeling so happy now and have so much more energy for my own son. I would love for you to find what you are looking for in this area. Clearly you have what it takes to make ANY dream come true. Karen