Thursday, November 13, 2008

Nov 14th, 2008....





It's the morning of the 14th, and I will be meeting Tam (her Vietnamese name) today. It's hard to believe, after so many years, that it is finally happening... It's still the 13th at home, so I am still considering it my birthday. The most perfect birthday present:).
Even though the hotel was umm... I'll say, less than desirable, they did have a nice breakfast, and much healthier than our SAD of Cheerios, fried eggs and bacon... and we wonder why we are all sick. I am not sure what it was that I ate .... some noodles which were crunchy and some soft, a variety of vegetables and herbs mixed in, a quail egg (which is where I draw the line... I didn't eat it), and some kind of meat on top which I didn't eat either. There was some kind of soft gummy sweet molasses type of thing wrapped in a bananna leaf. I only took one bite of that because it was kind of like eating chewing gum. I wish I knew the names of these things. The Vietnamese people were laughing at me because I took a photo of the breakfast table and didn't really know how to use chop stix.
It's pouring down rain here, very humid, about 80 degrees right now at 7:30 AM. I took a photo from the front of the hotel which is overlooking a river. There are horns honking constantly with people busily going to work... I suppose.

No comments: