Friday, June 14, 2013

Funniest thing...:)

Jasmine has an account with a website called "Always Ice Cream" for girls. It's an educational/game based site with categories for math, English, other languages, typing, music, anatomy, science, dog breeds, and many others. They have to answer questions, accumulate points or coins, then they can use those coins to purchase items like a house, a business, etc. She also has a virtual rabbit named Belle, a Polar Bear named Judy, and a dog whose name I cannot remember. She has to feed the correct food to each animal or it will wilt and eventually die. If it's not the correct food for that particular animal, it will spit it out:) So, among many other things, she purchased a "toy store" business. Little people come in to buy the toys, and she earns even more coins. Last night, she was starting to purchase the toys for her toy store. She looked at some of them, studied them, and said very seriously, "That is overpriced"!! in the exact same tone of voice in which I have said it quite a few times when we were shopping and couldn't get something we wanted. I never ever ever say "We cannot afford it". I always say, "That is overpriced and we will not buy it right now"- leaving the door open to get it possibly at a later date, and kind of making it sound like it is just our choice not to get it, even though we really couldn't "afford it". When she said that exactly like I said it, I couldn't stop laughing for the longest time. It doesn't sound funny writing it out here, but it was the most hilarious thing I've heard her say in a long time.

3 comments:

MorganS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MorganS said...

At least Jasmine imitates what you say or says sweet things in general, being the friendly, talkative people-lover that she is. You can thank your lucky stars that she doesn't say things to you like these kids said, as quoted in today's news article, "Creepy Things Children Say to Parents."

My earlier link didn't work, so I deleted the story link above and will simply write below what some of the children's comments were (originally at Reddit.com):

* I was tucking in my two year old. He said "Good bye dad." I said, "No, we say good night." He said "I know. But this time it's good bye."

Had to check on him a few times to make sure he was still there.

* My 3 year old daughter stood next to her new born brother and looked at him for awhile then turned and looked at me and said, "Daddy it's a monster...we should bury it."

* He was cuddling with her and being very sweet (he was about 3 at the time). He takes her face in his hands, and brings his face close to hers, then tells her that she's very old, and will die soon.

Then he makes a point of looking at the clock.

* I was sound asleep, and at around 6am I was woken up by my 4 year old daughter's face inches from mine. She looked right into my eyes and whispered, "I want to peel all your skin off".

The backstory here is I had been sunburned the previous week, and was starting to peel. In my sleep addled state however, it was pretty terrifying for a few seconds. I didn't know if I was dreaming, or what was going on.

* "So I shouldn't throw him in the fire?" (3 year old daughter holding her baby brother for the first time).

More at -- I will try the link again and hope it works this time http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1d2v7i/parents_of_reddit_what_is_the_creepiest_thing/

Judy said...

So funny. I think it was you who forwarded me that link several weeks ago? or maybe it was someone else.
Then also yesterday, a little caterpillar came in thru our front door. I bent down to pick it up to take it outside and she said "Oh mommy, please don't hurt it. It's a living creature. Make sure you set it gently outside":)) Then she followed me outside to make sure I laid it down gently. :)