Friday, July 5, 2013

Pestology Camp

One day Pestology Camp at Arizona Science Center. I only know what I was told... but apparently they dissected an earthworm, then they each got to touch a dead scorpion (with gloves on), then they "chopped it in half" and looked at it's "brain" and heart. I don't know if I would recognize a scorpion's brain if I saw it. They also visited the new "My Body" exhibit with Elmo. I haven't seen it, but last time Jazzy and I went to the Science Center together, there was a stomach that you can walk into that makes all kinds of noises, then you walk thru the intestines. As you exit, there is a "passing gas" sound. I know that exhibit was a huge hit with kids. They just kept going thru it over and over:) Jasmine in class when I came to pick her up. They were talking about bees and dragonflies- and how their wings work. The "jitterbug" made by Jasmine. Each child made one. Hers is pink, of course! Making something or another... not sure what:) Glad this was only a one day "camp". Driving into downtown Phoenix twice in one day is just too much!

No comments: