Sunday, October 13, 2013

New teeth....

well, sort of. It's a start anyway. Made it thru the surgery ok. They decided mid-way thru the procedure to go ahead and do the bone graft since there was not enough bone on the buccal (outside) surface. All I could see in my head was a couple thousand dollars more added on to an already-paid bill. They didn't charge me- which was great. The worst part was dealing with the stupid pharmacy (Walgreen's) who took 2 hours to fill the prescriptions for "pain killers" and anti-inflammatories. The next morning, I woke up SO sick that I thought I wasn't going to be able to take Jasmine to all of her activities. I drugged myself and made it thru the day. She made it to skating and Grant Owen's birthday party:) His party was at the same place as Jasmine's (Skateland), and mostly all girls attended:)) His birthday is actually October 1st, the same as Jasmine's but since his sister (Kiki) has been out of town for so many skating competitions lately, they had to have the party a couple of weeks after his birthday. I don't have any photos because I didn't stay for the party:(. I was hoping his mom would post some photos on Facebook... but so far, none are posted. Now we are getting ready to go to a skating competition at Peoria Polar Ice. I look like a lop-sided squirrel. The swelling is actually worse today than the day after the procedure:(

2 comments:

MorganS said...

RE: I woke up SO sick

Sorry to hear this...sure hope you're feeling better by now.

Tim has his similar surgery tomorrow. Earlier I told him I thought you got through yours fine, so he should too. Then he read your blog today and said, "Oh, no she didn't get through it just fine!" I told him to quit thinking about it so much and then it will be over before he knows it.

Chaos and stress yesterday. He and Mom drove home around 1 pm from the grocery store. Two 14-15 year old girls jaywalked into the Saturday afternoon traffic by a school and did not even look before crossing. He was in the first car and the girls both darted across the street right in front of him. He and other drivers honked their car horns loudly at the girls, he slammed on his screeching brakes…

Mom said it was nothing short of a divine miracle that no one was killed or severely injured. The first girl barely made it across the street. The second one had her leg up in the air, ready to run too, and was practically touching Tim’s car hood…that’s how close of a near miss this was! Amazingly he got the car stopped in time. These two both returned home, badly shaken up by the teenage jaywalkers that he nearly struck, through no fault of his own. At 14-15, these girls certainly were old enough to know better! Thankfully, the other drivers behind his car must have hung back enough as a general safety rule or maybe they saw the girls and thought they might do something stupid like run across in front of him. It had to truly have been an act of God to be spared from tragedy on the road yesterday!

Judy said...

I bet the two girls were texting or looking down at their phones, or just talking and not paying attention.
As far as the surgery goes, I was just really nauseas- not sure why. That doesn't mean he will be. I think it was from the antibiotics. I only took two doses...but no more.